Thursday 28 August 2008

Survived!

My first day teaching that is!

I've had a great day getting to know the kids. There are definitely some characters! But then what can be expected with 9 boys and 5 girls! (Although only 4 of the girls were here today).

I'm absolutely shattered. I slept well last night and did have an early night, but was up early and in school by about 7.25am.

The kids started arriving at 8.00am. Lessons started at 8.30am. We chatted a lot to start with and then I got them to write about themselves and draw a picture.

This afternoon they made signs for the classroom, including things like 'Warning - grumpy teacher!'

Tomorrow I only have 2 lessons in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. So, the rest of the day will be spent trying to work out what I'm doing with them next week!

No comments: