Wednesday 13 August 2008

Day 2....

It looks like it's gonna be another beautiful day!

Lying in bed, looking out of the window, I've just seen my first hummingbird - wow!

Yesterday was a good day...I enjoyed meeting other teachers and people working at the school; lunch was good; looking at places to live was interesting.

Not understanding the language was difficult, I felt very isolated when Claire, Gabriela and Sophie all spoke Spanish. I also found it difficult trying to make decisions about where to live. I think perhaps I had too many preconceived ideas and was also looking for somewhere that reminded me of home in some way.

I think I'm going to take an apartment in Cumbaya. It's about 10-15 minutes walk from shops and restaurants. It's spacious and light, with two bedrooms....and the rent includes a maid!!!!

No comments: