Thursday 28 August 2008

Fractured thoughts...

27.8.08

About 9.00pm (ish)

Things I'm missing:

1.Pete...kinda obvious that one I think
2.All my family & friends
3.Being completely independent
4.My car
5.Being able to pick up the phone and chat to people in the evening...your all in bed!
6.Getting up later than 6.00am in the week
7.Managing a lie in on a Saturday...I think the latest I've managed so far is about 7.30am.
8.Having the internet at home

I'm so tired, didn't sleep well last night. Gonna have an early one tonight – hopefully!

I meet my class tomorrow, they're mostly boys. I figure that it should be interesting.

I need to stop wishing that Pete was here, coz I don't know when or even if he will be. I told myself this at the weekend and I'm okay when I'm busy. It's just when I stop; when I look at pictures; when I try to sleep; when I'm alone. It's damn hard, but then I've known for a long time that it would be. Certain music I just can't listen to at the moment.

Where did my summer holiday go? I've been here for just over two weeks and a lot of that time has been spent in school. Yet the kids start tomorrow. I don't feel particularly rested.

Now I feel more secure about getting around the local area, I want to go further afield.

Things I want to do:

1.Talk to Pete, hear his voice and maybe even see his face (online chats are just not the same)
2.Explore Quito
3.Go dancing
4.Learn to salsa
5.Learn Spanish
6.Walk around old Cumbaya
7.Meet some people who don't work at The British School
8.Listen to live music
9.Sing
10.Play

Apart from the first thing, I don't really mind the order of the others.

School tomorrow, I don't feel nervous – too tired for that. Better make a list of things I want to achieve over the next couple of days.

Boing! 'Time for bed,' said Zebedee.

No comments: