Saturday 30 August 2008

Aimless wandering...

I actually sat and wrote a load of stuff this morning to upload on Monday, but I have been wandering and have found an internet shop, so seems silly not to make the most of it! You´ll just have to forgive things being slightly out of order!

I´m having a really good day, woke up to beautiful sunshine (at 6.00am - not so good!).

I did some work this morning - I´ve still got masses to do, but felt the need to go outside and wander.

It´s great I found my way to the very posh mall ´La Esquina´, where I had an Italian meal not long after I arrived. I also discovered today that there is a sushi bar there too...yum! I am very chuffed because in the deli I found Chinese five spice! I had been told that I was unlikely to find it, so I´m very happy. Although it was quite expensive! So whenever anyone comes to visit there´s definitely gonna be a list of spices! There are very few curry spices either. I bought some ´curry´powder from the local Supermaxi and quite frankly it´s crap! (anyway getting slightly sidetracked by food and spices...back to the story!). Also met some Americans in the deli...they seemed quite friendly!

From La Esquina I have walked and found myself in Old Cumbaya. It´s great I´m really enjoying wandering. I´m near to the old square and am heading there once I finish playing on the internet. Then I shall head back home and maybe call some of the girlies and see if they fancy Chinese!!

I feel so much better just for having spent some time on my own. I´ve always enjoyed aimless wandering...normally to friend´s houses or The Barrel or something like that. Feels good to have started to do it here.

Wandering slightly off tangent...but it´s kind of to do with The Barrel...well, The Cider Shed really. There´s a dog that lives near me and he looks just like Monty. It´s lovely, I say hello to him every morning and he wags his tail back again. Although if I find out he´s one of the dogs that likes to start barking once I get into bed...well it may be a different story!

Anyway going to continue my wandering and exploring shortly. Also I need some more water...feeling a little dehydrated!

So a good, happy positive day!

No comments: