Wednesday 3 September 2008

Weary Wednesday

I am so tired...I always am on a Wednesday but today it seems worse than normal! I must go to bed earlier!

I'm having a great time with the kids in my class though. I'm really enjoying getting to know them. I was really chuffed yesterday when the lad in my class who really is far too cool for school, said that my cheeky monkey is really cool! To explain, the 'cheeky monkey' was giving to me as a leaving present from one of the little girls at Winfarthing, who I called a cheeky monkey. He is now hanging from the data projector in my class and whenever one of the kids does something a little bit cheeky, I squeeze his tummy and he makes a kind of howler monkey sound!

I know that I have the kids respect, the girls are really happy and the boys are too, I think, but they're still not quite ready to admit it yet!

As with any school, there are frustrations. I'm still waiting for my class computers to be set up, but hopefully that will happen tomorrow. I've also realised today that I don't get quite as much holiday as I thought. I know I shouldn't complain, I'm well aware that the amount I do get is fantastic. However there isn't really a half term break in the spring or summer term (or 2nd and 3rd term - as it should be here!). The terms are short, 11 weeks and then 10 weeks, but I know that working for that stretch is going to be a killer! However I will then have 8 lovely weeks in the summer and I do get 3 at Christmas. Hopefully the random public holidays will help make up for it.

Trying to get things done here can be slow, I'm trying to get the internet organised at home, I'd really like it by my birthday so that I can skype people from home. That's my aim, but who knows. The guys were meant to come into school yesterday to talk to me and didn't turn up...hopefully they'll come tomorrow. Things run on 'Ecuadorian' time, I think it's a bit like Norfolk time really!


No comments: