Wednesday 10 September 2008

Rainbow in the clouds

I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of the views from my window. I sat watching the play of light and shade this afternoon. It's beautiful, the clouds and the sun hide and reveal different things each day. Today I spotted this beautiful rainbow in the clouds.




I've felt really positive and happy today, much to the disgust of one of the secondary teachers who suggested that there might be a procedure to deal with it! Luckily I sussed this guy's humour very soon after meeting him and so I just laughed!

I'm over the moon that I now have internet access at home, it will make it so much easier to keep in touch with all the people that I love. It happened today, even though many people were pessimistic and said, 'Don't build your hopes up!' I decided to stay positive, and lo and behold, here I am able to write my blog at home on the day they told me it would happen.

Also this evening I had a salsa lesson, which I thoroughly enjoyed! I have missed dancing so much! It was at Nicki and Tom's house and was given by their friend Leo (who is married to one of Nicki's school friends!). He also happens to teach Spanish, so I'm going to organise lessons with him. They brought a few friends along so that we would have partners. Unfortunately the first guy I danced with didn't really have a clue. Of the four guys there, only two were really good dancers (one of these was obviously Leo). It was great, some of the moves were the same as things I did back in the UK. I have to say, 'Thanks Dad, for teaching me to jive!'

So I'm sitting on my sofa, it's just after 10pm (nearly time for bed) and I really do feel happy. Other people are getting bogged down by things, but I'm not, I'm staying positive and seeing the good in people. I am glad that I have made this move to Ecuador and really feel that there is only one thing that is missing from this new life, and that's the guy who I really wanted to be dancing with tonight.

No comments: