Sunday 21 September 2008

Mango Mojitos!

Last night I had a revelation...an alcoholic drink that I really enjoyed. Jim and Amber introduced me to the concept of Mango Mojitos.

A few of us went up to Quito again last night. Having gone out last weekend, I was damn sure I didn't want to stay in last night. Me , Alex and Sarah met Jim and Amber in the Mariscal for a few drinks and then went on to a club.

The name of the club escapes me at the moment, but I know it meant 'The Sting' in English. My brain seems to be slightly foggy this morning! The second tune to start playing was 'Clandestino' by Manu Chao. Most excellent! We had a really good giggle jumping around and dancing to a real mix of music. Unfortunately some of the local blokes thought it was rather nice to dance by us too. One took a particular shine to Amber and was dancing right up behind her. Thanks to the wise words of Haggis, I knew the phrase 'No tocca,' said bloke did look quite shocked when I stated this, but then left her alone.

At some point during the evening, I noticed the distinct lack of good looking men. When I mentioned this to Jim he laughed his head off. Y'know it's not that I'm really interested but it'd be nice to have some eye candy!

Found out more about Jim and Amber's story last night. They actually only spent two nights together in March, before Amber moved here at the end of August. I really think it's amazing. They are a great couple, although both have a tendency towards jealousy, I hope they both get a handle on that! I'm so glad to have met them, they're great!

It is funny talking to Jim, we were talking about being kids, playing at Nun's Bridges in Thetford last night. I have decided he's my little brother, how amusing to come to Ecuador and find a little brother from Bury!

Got home about 2.00am, saw my sis Caro online and found it very hilarious to say, 'Good Morning, I'm now off to bed!'

Anyway think that's enough brain work for a while, may need to go and lie down again!

No comments: