Wednesday 24 September 2008

Moving Forwards

There have been times in the past week when I have struggled. Those of you who know me well enough will know why, I don't feel I need to go in to the details. However in the past 24 hours I have felt like I am now able to move forwards again. I'm starting to plan adventures, some people are saying that I should go with other people but my instinct tells me I need some time alone. I have a long weekend coming up in a few weeks time and I think I'm going to get an internal flight to a town called Cuenca. It is apparently very beautiful and full of culture. I hope my new camera lens arrives by then!

The people I work with have shown me a lot of support during this difficult time. I told one colleague today (an Ecuadorian colleague), that I have had a hard few days but I'm coming out the other side; that I am missing the people that I love. She told me that there are already many people here who love me. It was wonderful. I have been here for six weeks and already people love me.

No comments: