Monday 15 September 2008

Moments of stupidity

Thinking and worrying too much. Always been guilty of that. Being tired, a bit down and sad, thinking things that actually there is no need to worry about.

These times are harder here because I can feel so disconnected from everybody at home. You can't just pop round or pick up the phone to say how you're really feeling. I really miss my girlie friends, having a good ol chinwag and pouring out my heart. The girlies here are lovely and I can do that with them, but it's different with friends who've known you for a long time.

Yesterday I 'put on a brave face' to protect others from my feelings - how stupid is that! At the end of the day the people who love me will accept me however I'm feeling. Then spent the next 24 hours worrying unnecessarily.

Sometimes it's easier to protect others than yourself. However I need to remember to look after myself and say what I'm really thinking. I'm not very good at being selfish, but do need to think about number one a bit more! Being honest with yourself by being honest with others.

After the late night of yesterday, I decided to give myself an easy day at school today. Mostly the kids have been working on a WWII display. I did literacy and numeracy, but didn't generate any marking. The kids also experienced maths in a variety of different accents - seemed to go down well.

After school I treated myself to a new dress, pain au chocolat and hot chocolate. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy and chocolate to cheer a girl up!

2 comments:

paris ite! said...

Sometimes it's easier to protect others than yourself. However I need to remember to look after myself and say what I'm really thinking. I'm not very good at being selfish, but do need to think about number one a bit more! Being honest with yourself by being honest with others.

Maybe we can be little too concerned about what others think of us?
We cant ever really have any 'control' over what people think of us. How people recieve us and our actions and words is open to alot of personal interperation...to truly be ourselves maybe we need to
think less about how what we do and say effects others and concentrate on our intention being pure and good...

Fi said...

Yes I think you're right.