Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas...

Considering I went to bed after 3am last night, I should probably still be sleeping...but bad dreams woke me up. So I thought I may as well use this time to catch up (and catch breakfast for the first time in a few days!!)

Ok....

Well having told Sarah I wasn't really sure that I was up for a big night on Tuesday...Suddenly it was about 3am and I was going,"Come on, lets go clubbing!!"

We arrived at a great drum and bass club at about 4am with Max, one of the guys who works at the hostel. Bless him he even produced tickets so that we didn't have to pay! I danced my arse off for a good couple of hours! When we left the club the sun was rising over Buenos Aires and it looked beautiful.

At about 7.15am on Christmas eve we stumbled into bed. To be woken up again just after 12pm to go to a meeting about Christmas dinner.

To be honest I was more interested in my coffee than the meeting. However it was lovely that some of the guys in the hostel wanted to cook for everyone. We paid our contribution and I studiously avoided getting involved with any sort of preparations. (A very important role I think).

In the afternoon I went a wandering and did partake of one of my favourite pastimes...shopping! I now have a new hat and a beautiful silk skirt. I also danced on the streets to two brilliant and entirely different bands. The first was a rhythmic kinda thang, and the second was the ska band that I saw the day before.

In the evening of Christmas eve there was a party in the hostel...Sarah and I joined it at about 11pm after a bit more sleep and shower, etc. It was great fun and I chatted to lots of different people...and, well danced of course!

As the party ended here, lots of us went on to Pacha and had an awesome time.

I danced on the bus. I danced inside. I danced outside. I danced with and without people. I talked to lots of people, much to Sarah's amazement each time I was with her when I introduced her to more people! I have so missed being able to do this...to just get talking to random people because they're dancing with you, or smile at you as you go past, or they're wearing something lovely that you compliment. Random banter...reminded me of the old days at Planet Yes parties. Also the club felt very much like a club in Ibiza feels. I think it's to do with being able to go outside and it being warm!

I saw the sunrise which was beautiful and made us realise we were by the river.

At about 8am the club was closing and Sarah and I headed back to a smallish after party in Palermo. This was with some guys that she'd met in Peru, some of their friends and Con...our new Irish room mate! We'd had such a laugh with them in the club, so it was great to continue for a bit longer.

We all sat on their balcony...there was an amazing view of rooftops and blue sky. Unfortunately one of the guys was being a bit of a pratt...he was in my personal space and made me feel quite uncomfortable after a while. He reminded me of kids when they want to get your attention, but don't understand the concept of different types of attention. Stupid drunken behavior. It was a shame because all the other lads were lovely. However by about 10am the wall of tiredness was heading towards me...we got a taxi a bit later and were home to the hostel by about 11am.* I also really wanted to speak to my family and bluntly there was no way I was going to fuck it up.

Back at the hostel I opened my pressies from Mum and Dad and gave Sarah and Kate their gifts. They were very shocked that I'd got them something and both went into a bit of a weird headstate for about 10mins. I had to explain that I hadn't expected anything from them and had just wanted them to both have a present to open - it felt wrong that they might not. Opening one of my pressies made me cry...it's a beautiful ring.

Afer pressies I went to call everyone at home...my family that is, the people that really count. We chatted for about 15mins...I did the whole bunch (conveniently they're all staying at Nic's in the peak district). They were all highly amused by my lack of voice...seems to have disappeared quite a bit over the last couple of days...hmm too much partying maybe?

After talking to them I headed for bed and much needed sleep...around 12pm(ish).

The evening of Christmas Day was quite chilled and mostly spent in the hostel. I was pleased to be told by one of the guy's that works here that he thought I was the best dancer from the night before!!

Christmas dinner was eventually served at about 11pm...but it was worth it...the roast potatoes were amazing!

I had planned quite an early night, but with chatting to people and having a few drinks it ended up being about 3am! Ooops!

So here I am at Boxing Day...what will it bring? Hopefully some more sleep and then maybe some exploring with the girls.

We have decided to stay in Buenos Aires until the 2nd of January...I'm really glad, I like it here a lot - although the shopping possibilities may leave a serious dent in my pocket!

I hope all you lovelies out there had brilliant Christmas too!

*All times are approximate, due to lack of sleep and not paying much attention!


No comments: