Tuesday 16 December 2008

10 years on...

After 10 years with very little contact I am now back in touch with an old boyfriend (the guy I was with for most of my degree). He contacted me about 6 weeks after I arrived in Ecuador because he had a job in Cambridgeshire and wondered if I was still about in Norfolk.

Every now and again we send emails and y'know, it's really lovely. I remembered that it had been his birthday on Sunday and sent him belated birthday wishes yesterday.

So it seems that maybe it takes 10 years before you can truly be friends with an ex again...if this is the case then in 8 years time me and Ritchie may be back on speaking terms again; 9 years for me and Ian; 10 years for me and Pete.*

On a different note, coz I'm sure you're all wondering...today secret Santa brought me a cute photo holder which was a plant pot with a tortoise on it!

Lastly, this evening I had a musical treat! I was invited by one of my colleagues (Aurelia) to watch her daughter singing with her school choir. It was beautiful and has inspired me to start a choir at BSQ (I've missed my choir!). I actually feel really pleased to know that I can take a role in the music in school now that Alex and Sarah have left. I love music and told my big boss (Daryl) today that I would be interested in teaching music across the whole primary school (this was when we were discussing my new role as curriculum coordinator - oh yes, forgot to mention, I'm being promoted!).

*Have to be honest, I hope that it takes less time than this.

No comments: