Thursday 1 January 2009

Beginnings...

So here we are at the start of another new year. I feel full of optimisim and hope. 2008 was an amazing year for me for many reasons and I feel that 2009 is going to be even better.

I saw the new year in in true Fi style...dancing as the sun rose! In fact I have seen the sunrise for the past 3 days because I have been dancing! I am having a ball here in Buenos Aires and once again have booked another couple of nights in the hostel...now there until Sunday!

I have met some truly amazing people here and am sure that some of them will be people I keep in contact with. Skip and Louise for example...a beautiful Aussie couple; Arad the stunningly gorgeous Israeli girl; Haren and Jayesh...two lovely lads! Also there has been Conn...I really hope we do keep in touch because he is a like minded soul. I particularly hope it works out for him and his lady and that they manage to keep it going over the distance.

So much has happened over the past week, I will try to give you the higlights:

Boxing Day - went swimming in Parque Norte; sat drinking and dancing in Plaza Dorrego, San Telmo till about 5am.

Saturday - walked to San Telmo with Sarah; had a good lunch; shopped. Went to Palermo to meet up with friends of Sarah and Kate. Had a steak in a lovely restaurant where we were very well looked after by our waiter, Ricardo. We felt very PorteÅ„an because we didn´t eat until after 11pm! Met up again with the other guys who were being drunken eejits, decided it wasn´t my thing and went back to the hostel. A relatively early night, asleep by about 3am!

Sunday - San Telmo again, after visiting Alex in hospital (poor lad has meningitis and has spent his whole Christmas in hospital).

San Telmo was buzzing on Sunday with stalls and people and music! I heard a real mix of music: Spanish guitar; ska; a guy going mad on his drum kit and a samba band. I feel like I have been starved of good live music in Ecuador and I am thoroughly enjoying it here!

Late Sunday night we caught the end of a free performance of opera, with a full orchestra. I found it very powerful and actually started to cry as I listened to them singing Silent Night.

I attempted to go to bed at about 1.30am but couldn´t sleep (not helped by lots of thoughts in my head or Damo´s snoring!). So I got up again and met a whole bunch of new people playing pool in the hostel! Got to bed about 5am!

Monday - I went to Recoleta cemetry with Sarah and my new friend Phil (Aussie guy with dreads!). He is hilarious...we laughed our way round the cemetry - not entirely appropriate - trying to decide how we would like our mausoleums to be!

Monday evening - I went to an amazing open air drumming show. It´s on every Monday and as you can probably imagine I went pretty wild with the dancing! Later we all went to the other Millhouse for a party and then danced in a club till about 7am!

Tuesday - The day started fairly late! We went to Palermo sat in a park and had a picnic! On Tuesday evening I chatted and drank beer with Connor and Conn the lovely Irish boys, then we all went to the drum and bass club again. Bedtime was about 7.15am again!

New Year´s Eve - I went to La Boca with a lovely group of people, including Arad. This place is beautiful. The buildings are painted in vibrant colours and there is tango everywhere! We had lunch and watched some amazing dancers!

The evening began after a siesta, with a party in our hostel, then on to Pacha. I was also made a promise by somebody that if they didn´t make it to Pacha then they would take me out tonight!

At Pacha I danced with an amazing array of people! I loved it. I also saw some local girls mouthing off at each other in the toilet...it was hilarious. There are lots of beautiful moments from the night. I communicated with so many people...often just by dancing with them!

So here we are at New Year´s Day and I´ve finally managed to catch up with the last week! I think I may need a siesta again! And in case you are wondering...I´m being taken out for a curry tonight!

Lastly, to all the people who helped make 2008 a very special year for me, thank you. I hope that all your hopes and dreams come true in 2009. Love, light and happiness to you all. xxx

No comments: