Monday 15 December 2008

Angry, Hurt, Sad, but mostly Angry!

We've had an interesting day at school today.

We were due to have a staff meeting at 8am to discuss everyone's roles in the production (who's sitting where, etc). At about 7.50am, I got the news that Alex, Sarah and Jeanne hadn't arrived at school. This is highly unusual, they're normally there by 7.30am, I started trying to ring them...but got no answer.

In the meantime, Justin sent a message to get people to go and check their houses (Jeanne and Sarah lived quite close to the school - did you notice my use of the past tense there?).

The three of them had done a bunk. It seems like one, possibly all of them have left the country. This news left the rest of us reeling - myself and Claire in particular. All three of them had handed in their notice and were due to leave at the end of term - I wasn't particularly impressed with the way that they went about this, but had accepted that they had their reasons and they weren't happy, so it was better for everybody that they left. I also continued to give them my friendship - not as closely as before, but it was still there.

However to leave without telling anyone, in a way that felt like they meant to cause as much disruption to the school as possible...this has made me so angry. I cannot believe how dishonourably they have behaved - the worst thing is the way they have let down the kids. We are all meant to do this job because of our love for the kids - they have shown that they care for no-one but themselves. I now also understand why they didn't seem that bothered at the rehearsal on Friday.

It all feels so calculating...they must have planned this. There are little clues - for example their removal from facebook of anyone connected to school - I decided to check this morning to see if I could find anything out and discovered I was no longer their friend. Damn right I'm not!

This perhaps explains why they didn't stay long at the party on Friday.

Well girls if any of you ever read this...I have news for you - the Christmas production will be fine because I'm in charge of it now. I also hope that karma comes back to bite you all in the arse. I hope you can live with yourselves because only really horrible people would do this kind of a thing.

The good thing that has come from this is that the rest of the primary team have really pulled together - we are a really strong team and this has a made us stronger.

I'm sad that I was fooled by these people into thinking that they were decent human beings. I guess this is another lesson for me to learn...maybe I shouldn't trust people so easily. It's hard though, because I have always believed in people and their possibilities above all else. I do take this personally (and I know Claire does too). I'm also pissed off that I didn't put pictures up of the Christmas party on Saturday...I thought it would be unkind for them to see us all having fun without them!

So that was Monday, what will the rest of the week bring?

On a happier note, my secret Santa at school brought me four delicious chocolates and I also received Christmas presents from my Mum and Dad today.

No comments: