Monday 22 December 2008

Blimey I´m in Buenos Aires...

And sitting in an internet place...hmm! Well (to justify my actions), sitting on your own in a hotel room is no fun and kinda lonely and I was not tempted by the price of the drinks in the hotel bar - not just yet anyway. Might go back for a beer in a bit.

I had a lovely night chatting with James and Tam. However poor Amy is ill and so had to go to bed early. I got up just after 5am and bless Tam and James, they got up too. Tam kindly made me coffee and James walked with me to find a taxi.

At Quito airport I treated myself to a 15min chair massage - which was rather lovely. I also bumped in to a kid who´s been in school over the past week - travelling on his own back to Buenos Aires (he´s about 13/14). That made me think and any nervousness I had, pretty much disappeared. I mean christ, if a kid that age can do it, what have I got to be worried about! It was all very uneventful anyway.

Spent most of the flight reading ´The Gringo Trail´. A great book about travelling around South America. I´ve finished it now, but luckily I brought two books with me and there´s always my Argentina guidebook.

Hilariously on the flight from Lima, the male ´trolley dolly´ assumed that I was in a couple with the guy sitting next to me. (This was when he was handing out forms). He stated that you only needed one per family...I put him straight...we´re not family....

´Oh...hasn´t he proposed to you yet?`

´Um no...we´ve only just met!´

I arrived in Buenos Aires and was greeted by a beautiful summer evening (hurray it´s not dark just after 6pm here!). Got in a rather expensive taxi and got taken to my hotel.

My room is nice, if a little small, the shower is awesome. I´m looking forward to checking out breakfast and the spa in the morning!

Had a few moments of weirdness today, but I´m doing a pretty good job of talking myself out of them; trying not to let my head go down particular routes of thought.

So looking forward to meeting up with Sarah again tomorrow (although I have no idea exactly when!)

No comments: