Wednesday 5 November 2008

Solitude...

Today for the first time in about a week I have found myself comfortable and at peace whilst alone.
Late this afternoon I sat by the edge of the sea to read for a while. I soon found that I was listening to the sound of the waves - a sound that has always had the power to calm. I meditated on the sound; breathed in the air and felt calmness descend over me. The ocean invokes a stillness within, which I find very difficult to gain anywhere else. I felt at peace. I became very aware of my surroundings and the universe around me. I watched crabs coming out of the sand, unaware of my prescence because of my stillness.
I felt my strength begin to return. I know this is only the beginning of the recovery, but I feel that I made a great step forwards this afternoon.

No comments: