Monday 24 November 2008

Argentina

So tonight I booked my ticket to Argentina, I leave on the 22nd of December and come back on the 8th of January. This was slightly nerve racking as it is the most money I think I've ever spent purely on myself and it is also the first time I've used a credit card! (I know this will sound silly to all of you who use them all the time, but I didn't even own one until just before coming to Ecuador!)

I am glad that I have followed my initial instincts about what I should do at Christmas (after some deliberation, and fear). I'm even more glad that I met Sarah and am very excited about meeting up with her again in Buenos Aires! I'm also fairly nervous - I know I came all the way to Ecuador a few months ago, but I had Alex and t'other Sarah to keep me company. This time I will probably be travelling all on my own.

I think there is a part of me that is still shocked that I'm actually doing all of this. That the little girl from Norfolk who's only ever been into Europe (and not that much of it if I'm honest - the number of countries can be counted on one hand), is actually here in South America and planning more adventures.

I am becoming more and more aware of the fact that basically anything is possible if you set your mind to it. I'm believing more in my own strength and determination. To be honest, I'm quite scared...but as my lovely friend Kym told me a good few years ago...the feelings associated with fear and excitement are very similar...so I'm going to focus on the excitement!

No comments: