Wednesday 1 October 2008

Blust, at's all gahn on!

Blimey, where to start? Hmm...well I guess the beginning is as good a place as any!

So I got to school this morning with Tom & Nicki and we were all fairly surprised not to see Alex's car there (she's always there before us - not that we're exactly late!!!). I pondered over this for a while and also noticed that Claire hadn't appeared - which is also fairly unusual. However because I was sick yesterday, I thought maybe there was a bug and they were ill.

Later on I caught up with Claire who told me that Alex had had problems at her urbanisation. Basically she parked her car in the wrong parking space (bearing in mind she only moved there on Saturday) and the guy whose space she had taken had put screws in the rims of her tyres and also told the guards not to let her leave! Luckily she spotted the screws before driving off or she would have been completely screwed (no pun intended). Poor love had issues at her first place, issues with getting a car and now this - she's almost at breaking point. Sadly she's not the only one - Sarah isn't well and is finding school very stressful; Jeanne is also finding school difficult and is missing her son - she's tried to hand her resignation in more than once.

Personally I've had no issues at school or with my home. Okay so one of the computers in my class still doesn't work - but its not the end of the world. My class are great. People have helped me when I've asked or told me a convenient time to go back. I'm very happy there and feel very lucky. Sometimes it's hard listening to the others, I feel sad that they are not having the same experience as I am. However I'm not going to let it bring me down, I can't fix their problems but I can listen and be a good friend.

Tonight I have finally caught up with Fritha who is my tenuous link in Quito! Her mum is a headteacher in Norfolk and a friend of my ex-head. It was lovely to talk to her and I'm hoping to meet up with her at the weekend. Hopefully this is the start of making friends who are not connected with school. The girls are lovely and I love them to bits, but I need to have parts of my life that are separate from school. I haven't come here just to work.

On my own emotional front I still have days that are punctuated with sadness, but it seems to be getting a bit easier, day by day. I'm channelling it into being creative - I found there were lyrics in my head last night and for most of today. I'm hoping to find the chords that go with them! I'm also thinking more about what I want to do and achieve whilst I'm here. I know that I am not just here to teach. I'm here to use my creativity and my talents; to find the direction that my life will go in; to truly find and be myself; to discover which talent will lead me forwards. This is the journey which will lead to my destination.

No comments: