Sunday 17 April 2011

Moving on...

Currently sitting in Buenos Aires airport waiting for a flight to Salta. I have a little time between flights and am pondering. It struck me on the flight that I will soon be leaving Argentina after leaving Chile just a few days ago and whilst I'm excited about getting to Bolivia, I'm sad to be leaving this part of South America. Actually I'm really very sad about the thought that in just under six weeks I will be saying goodbye to South America and not knowing when or if I will return. I don't actually want to leave, I love it here. This thought is softened with the knowledge that I will have a week with Yvette on the way home, who will be the perfect person to help with the transition. I know that excitement and adventure awaits in Vietnam...but it is always hard to say goodbye to things that you love.

The last few days in Bariloche have been very relaxing which is what I needed. I discovered that one of my arms was fairly covered in bites on Tuesday and think it was bed bugs at the refugio. I felt quite ill whilst on the bus from Puerto Montt to Bariloche* with glands up in my neck and face which I think was my body fighting against all the bites. 

I have actually stopped and listened to my body and the fact it needed to stop. I've slept well; had a massage; bit of retail therapy; short walks around Bariloche. I felt like I should be doing/seeing more but realise that my three weeks in Chile were very full on in very different ways and it was good to take some time out before another burst of travelling.

On Thursday morning, I discovered a young lad from Norwich was also staying in the hostel. Last night we were joined by Wymondham, Cambridge and Chicago. We had a great giggle and enjoyed more red wine. Amazingly I wasn't hung over this morning either!

It's quite strange moving on all the time, sometimes it feels great and sometimes not. Ho hum, think I'm a little tired and emotional this evening.

*I made it to the Bariloche bus with about five minutes to spare. I was so glad because I didn't really want to spend another night in Chile, my brain had already moved on. The taxi man from the airport was wonderful; called the bus company to check times and whizzed me as fast as possible to the bus terminal.

No comments: