Friday 15 April 2011

Last 24 hours in Puerto Natales

Returning to the hostel was not great. I really didn't want to stay there, but Louis and Gavin were with me and I didn't want to have to explain why not to them. I also needed a hot shower and to relax.

I was sad to find that Carlos had left for Peru, but not entirely surprised.

Louis was my saviour. We cracked each other up with our mutually stupid sense of humour and decided to go and buy beer and pizza to see us through the evening. We then had a rather raucous jamming session, punctuated by much laughing. When Gavin later asked us if we were having a jam, I replied no, we're having a foolish!

Annoyingly when the hostel got locked up at 11pm we had forgotten to retrieve our remaining beers from the fridge. We retired upstairs and talked more shit until Gavin got home, then we quizzed him - hahahhaha!

My last day in Puerto Natales started at a fairly leisurely rate. Got up; had breakfast; packed my rucksack; took my washing to the laundry; returned the hiking boots I'd hired.

Later, Louis and I made one last visit to El Living where I had an awesome curry. We got chatting to Jeremy (the owner) about music and before long I was trotting back across the plaza to fetch my laptop for another music exchange. We wiled away a very pleasant few hours in the pursuit of music. Louis also gave me tunes from his ipod.

Back at the ranch we finished off our beers and continued to be fairly raucous. I was genuinely enjoying myself but admittedly it was good to be feeling like that in front of 'Jonny'. Showing that his behaviour towards me hadn't dented me (honestly? Of course it's dented my ego, but I'll get over it).

Around 7.30pm I said goodbye to the lovely Louis and made my way to the bus and a night sleeping in Punta Arenas airport.

I was sad to be leaving the great friends I'd met, but knew without a doubt it was time to move on again.

No comments: