Monday 31 January 2011

Vietnam baby!

So, after convincing myself that I hadn't got the job last week and coming to the conclusion that it wouldn't be so bad to make a move in a London type direction; I got home last night and found a job offer!

It's not quite the job I applied for, of music leader in an already established primary school. However it is still very interesting or possibly more so. The position is music teacher throughout a brand new, purpose built, bilingual primary school. 

I have gone through quite a lot of emotions today - mostly feeling pretty scared if I'm honest. However it seems that these days when something scares me, I run to meet it rather than run away from it. The commitment to another two years away is, I think, what I am finding daunting. However I know how quickly that time seemed to pass here in Ecuador. I know for certain that I want to explore that part of the world and in the end, what's the point of applying for a job if you're not intending to take it?

I believe that this job would be far more challenging than I have found teaching for a while and it's probably about time for me to be challenged professionally. I might even have to work hard! Shock! Horror!

So I think I will accept the offer, once I've had a few questions answered.

No comments: