Tuesday 2 June 2009

The past has passed

It's been a strange 24 hours of doubt and sadness. I received an email this morning which was like a virtual slap in the face. Memories from roads travelled before that made me question actions and choices that I have made. Along the road these choices must be made and sadly hurt, anger, bitterness and guilt sometimes follow like dark shadows from childish dreams. In the past year I have understood more about the effect my actions and choices have had on others, last night I tried to make amends and apologies. I have never wanted to cause pain or upset to others but I'm only me and I am very aware that I am not perfect. This morning I realised that the past must be left behind and be allowed to pass.

The shadows followed me today; whispering in my ear; scratching my heart; searing my soul.

Tonight I read a beautiful book which has chased the shadows away. The story is of a child who is different, he hears and sees things of which most are not aware. A tiger enters his life and sets him free. I don't want to say too much because I think this is a book that should be read, savoured and enjoyed. It is called 'Secret Heart', by David Almond.

Now, once more, my road is clear and the future beckons.

No comments: