Sunday 21 June 2009

Una Semana Mas!

One more week of school and then holidays - bliss! I really cannot quite believe that I have almost completed a full school year out here in Ecuador. The first term really dragged, but now all of a sudden it's almost over and another milestone has been reached.

It hasn't always been easy and there have certainly been up and downs, but on the whole it's been a good year. I have made brilliant friends; seen beautiful places; had lots of fun. I know there will be even more of this over the next year.

I am so excited about coming home to see everyone and it seems that a good number of people are excited about my return which is good to know!

I have had a marvellous weekend...I'm turning into a bit of a dirty stop out - teehee! Went out with Adriana last night and consumed a fair quantity of Cuba Libres (I seem to have found the drink for me!!), much giggling and dancing ensued! At 3am Adri buggered off home but I decided to stay with some friends in Quito and ended up seeing the sunrise whilst hummingbirds hovered nearby - beautiful! After a few hours of collapse on me mate Dave's sofa, I got up to go and meet the girlies and Mike for food and shopping!

Delicious focaccia was enjoyed whilst Cuban music was being played live - perfect! Unfortunately just as we were heading in a shopwardly direction, the heaven's opened and we got utterly soaked. Rain, however, did not stop play...we braved our way forwards to the artesania market. Personally I was impressed with my part in this valiant effort, as one must not forget the alcohol in my system and my serious lack of sleep! (Heehee!)

Hats and other goodies were purchased - along with a rather nice ring for myself!

No comments: