Sunday 24 May 2009

Dreams, things I like, and hopes...

So yesterday I woke up after a bit of a dream that pushed me a little off centre. I guess it was my sunconscious' way of dealing with some things. I usually find with these kind of dreams that they tend to linger through the day and affect my mood.

A little after getting up I saw a photo that added to the feeling of being out of kilter.

However, luckily there was also a text from Yvette...a text chat ensued with an arrangement to meet for lunch. I already had plans to meet Adri, so we all had lunch in Cumbaya and afterwards we got the bus to Quito.

Once in Quito, the shopping began...a little slowly at first which started to make me feel despondent again, but I perked up no end when Adri passed me a very pretty dress to try on.

A new dress can do marvellous things...two and a half years ago in Copenhagen I found a dress that made me feel like a million dollars and I feel I may now have found the one to take it's place. It's pretty and sexy, can be dressed down with jeans or dressed up.

After the success of the shopping we went to meet some more friends - a couple of girls we met at a party about a month ago. On the way we decided more food was necessary(shopping is tiring work!) and we popped into a really good Mexican which also happens to have a seriously good looking guy working there.

It was lovely to catch up with the girls again and really good for both of us to be with people we don't work with! A few beers followed.

At about 8.30pm we headed towards home (well Adri did), I got dropped off to meet Ursula - where fun, more drinkies and some dancing commenced!

Jim (bless him) came to join us and I regaled him with what a marvellous day I was having!

In the end there was just the guys who own the bar, myself, Ursula and her fella - so we put on any music we liked, danced a lot more and chatted. I laughed loads and a huge grin in my face.

At one point though, the conversation turned to love. Ursula was adamant that the kind of love our parents share (in my case) and shared in hers, no longer existed. Her parents story is an amazing one of love and patience.

I, on the other hand, do believe in love. I have been lucky enough to love and be loved. I truly hope it will happen for me again and that the next one may be the one that lasts the distance - who knows? Even though my previous loves have not ended in marriage, they have all been important to my life in different ways. I don't know when love will come again and I'm not actively looking for it. I just hope that at some point in my life, the time will be right and I will find it again.


No comments: