Sunday 17 January 2010

Couch Delinquency!



Over the past week I have been in a state of denial over the amount of work I have to do and been out several times! This reached it's optimum this weekend!

I went out on Friday night to a certain Irish bar that I like to frequent on a fairly regular basis. Much as expected a good time was had by all and several beverages were consumed. However at closing time, I did not wish to leave the bright lights of Quito and accepted an invite back to a good friend's place (well his girlfriend's actually). Another good mate came too.

In the company of these two handsome gentlemen, I giggled away the night and much of the day. It was one of those lovely occasions when you end up with lots of 'in' jokes that will instantly make you laugh whenever they are mentioned or you have a flashback to the night!

I passed out at about 3pm as did one of the previously mentioned chaps. Waking up at 10pm, we discovered our compadré was missing in action...so we returned to the scene of the previous night's debauchery and were reunited once more.

Further beverages ensued, including some fairly lethal shots of tequila and sambuca. I danced and laughed and happily got a lift home at about 3am!

It's been the best weekend I've had for a while here. Big thanks to the other couch delinquents who made it possible!

No comments: