Monday 11 January 2010

Cartagena


City Wall, Cartagena
Originally uploaded by Fiwit


The rest of my stay in Cartagena was great. I saw the sunrise on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - which is always good in my book!

Christmas Eve was fun - a lot of us has dinner at the hostel (which was actually a complete rip off, about $18 for a bowl of rice). However the atmosphere was good and we ended up in a Cuban bar just down the road.

I have to admit that I got pretty bored waiting around for people to decide where the wanted to go and was tempted to bugger off on my own - but salsa dancing to a live band sorted me out. Especially when told I was a better dancer than Colombian girls. I'm sure it was a line that had been used many times before, but it still did my ego a lot of good. Particularly as some of the younger girlies really liked this guy!

On Christmas day, we all cooked food and had a much better meal than the previous night!

Calling home was quite weird as my family couldn't really hear me to well and it made me feel very disconnected and a bit sad. You can't really shout when you're in a room full of other people also trying to call home.

No comments: