Saturday 28 March 2009

Weird Sleep Patterns

Sleep has been a bit crap this week...quite a few nights with just 4 or so hours. Different reasons: reading a book; out dancing; too much stuff in my head.

After work today I spoke to Mum and Dad (who are as excited as me about their arrival on Thursday!). Then I thought I'd have a little lie down to give me some energy for Andy's party. Next thing I knew it was 10.30pm. Now it's nearly 1.45am and I haven't been able to sleep again.

Been feeling stressed with lots of things to do at work...partly my own fault for not getting on and doing bits of paperwork as and when. I don't seem to be quite so good at being organised as I was for a lot of years - or maybe it's just that I don't need to be anymore.

Funny things have been happening since I got here...I've rediscovered drinking and the fact it can be good fun and doesn't always lead to throwing up! I've been to a football match and am going to another one on Sunday.* And I haven't been quite so strict on the vegetarian front!

Exciting things that have happened this week:

  • Latitude ticket has been purchased
  • One of my photos from last year's Latitude is going to be published by Rough Guide
  • I went out to an awesome new salsa night in Quito on Wednesday night. It was great fun and it did my soul good to dance!
Y'know it really is good to write things down - I've been feeling pretty low. However now I look at what I've been doing and what I've got coming up and it's all good. I guess sometimes you just need to take a step back from things and look at the bigger picture.

I can't wait to hug Mum and Dad on Thursday!


*Actually not just any football match, but a World Cup qualifier, Ecuador v Brazil. I'm going to cheer for the team with the best looking players I think.

No comments: