Sunday 15 February 2009

Valentine's Day...

It came and went yesterday and was okay. I'd decided to look on the day fairly philosophically, as it's the first I've spent on my own for about fourteen years - I figured I'm pretty lucky in that respect.

There were a few memories buzzing around in my head, but they were actually worse on Friday night. Luckily Adriana was online and I went over to her's where we drank hot choc with brandy and watched a film.

Yesterday was another day of laziness. I pottered about at home all day, spoke to my folks, played guitar, etc. I had a couple of sweet messages from two old friends, wishing me a happy valentine's day - that was lovely!

Last night I caught up with friends and we went to the Teatre Sucre in the old town in Quito and saw excellent Cuban music. It was great and restored my faith that there is good music here too - something I'd been unsure of since my trip to Argentina. It was a seated concert, which was a bit of a shame because it is definitely music to dance too. I did attempt a small dance with Lazaro, but my salsa skills seem to have slipped with lack of practise. It was fun though.

I got a card by Edward Monkton from Caro today which seemed very appropriate and good advice!


No comments: