Friday 6 February 2009

Another week goes by...

Since the last post.

Too much report writing and thinking in the last week. Weird dreams and weird moods. Feelings of stress that didn't alleviate till Thursday. Probably my own fault, too much prevaricating on the report front. People wanting decisions about this weekend which I didn't feel ready to give...

Feeling like I wanted to hide, pull the duvet over my head and not get up. Tell everyone to fuck off and leave me alone - of course I didn't, but at times it's been tempting!

Feeling unsociable...

Feelings of unhappiness inside - uncomfortable in my own skin.

Trains of thought that were not good to venture down, but kept rearing their ugly heads.

Wondering about teaching...is this where I want to be? Not helped by the kids. The same discussions over and over again about their behaviour.

However on Wednesday night things began to improve. Sushi and a few beers with friends.

Thursday dawned, brighter than previous days. I became excited about the story I am writing with the kids. I finally caught up with Amy and we had a really good chat. Much laughter inside about what we typed as naughty boys had detention in my class. Reports finished on Thursday night - a huge relief.

So here I am at Friday, an easy day in school. Finally this evening a decision about the weekend, but not for long, road conditions means the trip to Mindo will be postponed for another week or so.

So, what to do? I'm not sure, I'll see how I feel in the morning. Feelings from earlier in the week are still lingering - I'm just not sure where I want to be.

1 comment:

Kniki said...

Report writing is a true drain on all resources. Hope you will feel better after a rest. xxx