Sunday 2 October 2011

Poking me will not encourage me to buy clothes from you...

Neither will handing me an XXL and telling me it's my size!

Personal space is an interesting issue here, especially when in markets. Today I ventured to Saigon Square, a sort of indoor clothes and accessories market with the other Fiona. I found I really didn't like people poking and prodding me as I tried a few tops on...I asked one lady to stop and she didn't take the hint at first, so I politely repeated, "Please stop touching me."

Another example of lack of personal space was when I was buying fruit and veg in a local supermarket. You have to have all items weighed and Vietnamese ladies were literally pushing me out of the way so they could have theirs weighed first!

Solutions to the problem:
  1. Buy fruit and veg from Organikvn, an online shop. Then a nice man delivers fab veg to your door, no poking required.
  2. Buy clothes in more expensive places where I am a medium and again was not poked.
  3. Have clothes custom made. Take things you already own to be copied, therefore no poking or measuring required.

No comments: