Thursday 30 June 2011

Words from a different life...

Written in December 2006


I'm standing on the edge of an uncertain path,
Feeling as if I could fall backwards,
Knowing that the only way is forwards,
Facing doubts and fears,
Shedding so many tears.

I wonder about possibilities,
Try to keep my positivity,
I look to the future wondering what it holds?
Terrified of being left alone and cold.

I made my decisions,
Found the strength to leave,
Have this feeling that suddenly I'm free,
Or am I just behaving stubbornly?

I keep myself busy fearing that if I stop,
I may not be able to cope with the drop,
I fear the chasm that opens ahead,
Yet I also feel excited, so alive, not dead.

I talk to friends who offer their advice,
Keep going forwards, don't think twice,
Keep on growing and blossoming and flowering,
You will find this all empowering.

Yet I am standing on the edge of an uncertain path,
Finding the strength to keep from falling backwards,
Knowing that the only way is forwards,
Facing doubts and fears,
Smiling through the tears,

Understanding at last,
That the past is the past,
And that sometimes...
The journey is the destination.


No comments: