Monday 12 July 2010

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig!

Amazingly my two years in Ecuador are over and I'm back in Norfolk once more. I arrived home early on Friday morning and was greeted by both Mum and Dad at Heathrow. I think I'm currently dealing with reverse culture shock! I am remembering that I don't need to worry if paying with a '20' that the establishment will have enough change. I'm also remembering to drive on the left hand side of the road now!

I have to be honest it feels quite strange to be living in my parent's house, even though I know it's for a relatively short amount of time, only a couple of months. I also got very sad on Sunday when it started to sink in that I've left Ecuador. Although it's looking hopeful that I may have some house sitting to do over the summer!

On my last night, a friend commented on how strange she found it that I was sad to leave, as she always just looks forwards to the next adventure. However I am sad - I have had the most amazing life and freedom in Ecuador. I've been able to do exactly as I please outside of work and I've made some amazing friends - who I really will miss.

I will miss opening my curtains and looking out at the mountains everyday; being constantly reminded of the fact that I am living a different life in a different country. 

On the other hand I do have much to look forward to here, starting with Latitude on Thursday!

I also have wonderful friends here and caught up with quite a few people yesterday afternoon - I laughed a lot. It was also very clear that I have been missed.

1 comment:

Adiyaya said...

Welcome home chick, heres to the next chapter :)