Saturday 4 April 2009

Chilling with me folks!

Y'know you've got your Mum and Dad staying when you're washing up is being done regularly; something has been ironed; you're woken up by a cup of coffee!

It's all good!!

Thursday's reunion was emotional, as I knew it would be. Waiting at the airport I was very glad to have the company of Roy & Kay, especially as the flight was delayed by an hour. As soon as I saw Mum and Dad, I rushed over to hug them.

Many more hugs have followed - well I have got 8 months to catch up on!

Last night we went to Cactus to listen to the jazz, eat, and celebrate the fact that we are on holiday (helped by quite a few of my friends from school). It was a lot of fun and probably the first time I've been a bit tiddly with my parents since I was a teenager!

Today we headed up to Quito to peruse the market stalls and explore. The morning was spent in the Mariscal area and this afternoon in the old town - I wanted to show Mum and Dad the many contrasts you can observe in Quito.

It really is lovely having them here, I have missed them so much. I am really looking forward to the rest of our adventures.

No comments: